Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Stuff and Upcoming Books.....


"I must say I find televison very educational.
The minute someone turns it on, I go to the library
and read a good book."

Groucho Marx

Come on over and check out the Kindle! The Kindle is an e-book (embedded system for reading electronic books) The contents downloads over Amazon's Whisphernet and the content appears in minutes. The Kindle will be charged out for a month and the library will download selections of your choice while you have it. Interested? Give me a call or stop by and check it out. I enjoyed figuring out how to use it, but....I do love holding my book when reading.


I am hearing great things about some upcoming new releases ! Some to keep in mind.....

Handle With Care........Jodi Picoult



Picoult has become a pro at delivering a heart-wrenching family drama. Question here is: If knowing what you know now, would you have done things differently? Picoult incorporates choices, legal issues, and love, with the twists and turns she is known for as you reach the end.


Dead and Gone (Sookie Stackhouse/Southern Vampire Series #9)....Charlaine Harris

I will admit, I will be glued to the couch and read this from beginning to end because this series makes me laugh...and is easy to read. What happens when the "other creatures of the night" decide to go public like the vampires did? Love it!








The Last Dickens......Matthew Pearl




If you like period thrillers, I recommend you pick up Pearl. Either this one or one of his older ones, The Dante Club or The Poe Shadow. Pearl does fantastic research for his books which I appreciate because when the author doesn't research correctly, it does show in the story and takes away my enjoyment.(No, I am not giving names.)








Always Looking Up (Adventures of an Incurable Optimitst),,,,Michael J. Fox



Fox's last book, Lucky Man, was a best seller and this one continues with how he is living his life, coping with Parkinson's and loving his family.







B is for Beer.....Tom Robbins
I think the title says it all. Have one (or six) while you read the book.


Look Again.....Lisa Scottoline


Scottoline always writes a good, tight, thriller and I hear this one is right up there with her best. What do you do when the three-year old child you adopted, the child you have raised as your own for two years, looks like the child on a "Have You Seen This Child?" poster? I highly recommend Scottoline for an edge of your seat read. (Keep a light on)












What have you been reading? I feel the same way Groucho does, why waste the mind when you can fill with it wonder? I say, READ!!! Then...... read some more because you can never read to much.





































































































No comments: