Monday, December 8, 2008

'Tis the Season!

Blessed is the season which engages
the whole world in a conspiracy of love--

Hamilton Wright Mabie


I know, I know.........it's here! It's hectic! We all know it's coming every year, it's not a surprise...but it has the power to make us crazy; the Holidays are here. My advice to one and all is to remember it is important that you take time for yourself, and if we can make it easier for you with our selection of cookbooks, magazines, holiday movies and of course our fabulous collections of music, let us help you entertain.

Some of my favorites this time of year? Love The Bishop's Wife; Loretta Young, Gary Grant, David Niven, an oldie but oh... such a goodie; Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas, I remember watching this with my daughter when she was two-she is now 30-we danced and had fun; Meet Me in St. Louis is one my girls and I loved and still do, does it get any better then Judy Garland singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas?" I still me tear up hearing her sing that one. Charlie Brown reminding all of us what Christmas is all about? Music, there is always the usual carols, for me, one of my all time favorites is the Beach Boys Christmas CD; it doesn't get any better then Karen Carpenter voice on the Carpenters Christmas CD. I can mix it up with Christmas Cd's like Glenn Miller, Motown Christmas, Celtic Women, I could go on and on but you come and get your favorites.
Take time for yourself, relax and enjoy! Remember the reason we celebrate this time of year.
I wish you joy, peace, and a very Merry Christmas.





2 comments:

Kelly said...

I love Love LOVE emmet otter's jug band christmas!

Bev said...

How can you not love Emmet? It's one of the best ever!