Saturday, May 16, 2009

I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti

Read. Cook. Eat
Bev Wowak
I love a good memoir. I love a good cookbook. It doesn't get any better for me then a memoir with great recipes in it so I was in heaven reading I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti by Giuia Melucci.
As made very clear here, when you are in a relationship, cook. When you aren't in a relationship, cook. Breaking up? Cook. Trying to impress a new guy? Cook. Going it alone, cook! Just because you have no one in your life does not mean you don't cook for yourself. Melucci does a terrific job of sharing her hard luck with dating and looking for that "everlasting" relationship, hoping that this one is the one. It seems all her fellas loved her cooking, loved her to a point, but when she felt this was it, she had met the one to spend the rest of her life with...it fell apart. Melucci does a great job of sharing her love life snafus with us and yeah, I could relate. I laughed, felt her sadness but mostly I devoured her recipes!

I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti is a very enjoyable read, I recommend it, and as a bonus, you will love the recipes! Yes I did....I made almost all the recipes in the book and they are terrific...loved them. When I read cookbook memoirs I know you can read with one hand, cook with the other, then eat and read at the same time.
When I read a book that I really enjoy, I will usually buy it and I will be buying this one...I want those recipes handy so I can make them again!

No comments: